Thursday, August 26, 2010

Balance is key

I didn't play at all last night. My wife had made plans to go to a workshop for personal growth and I had to take care of Dante, my 1 1/2 year old boy. We kicked back and relaxed for a while. We saw Cars and some Sesame Street videos. After a while we went out for an evening walk and when we came back home we played with his toys.

I was totally centered in my time with my son and enjoyed his company thoroughly. When my wife finally came back we tried to watch a movie but were too tired to finish it, so we went to bed and called it a night.

What happens is that I've been too focused on poker for the last year or so. I have been logging many hours to the point of creating an unnatural balance of my use of available time. I have to say that I have not played as much as I would like to, but working a full-time job, taking classes, being a husband and a father does dictate how much time I can invest on my game without sacrificing everything else. My dad used to say that there is just about enough time for everything, and he was right. I still have to bring myself to the gym O.o

Today was a smooth day at the office and now I'm getting ready to go out on a date with my wife as we were able to get a babysitter for the evening. We have a couple of ideas of where we could go and I'm looking forward to an amazing time, so... Ship it!!

PS. We ended up going for a walk to the world famous San Diego Zoo BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment