Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fail or Zen?

3 tourneys today, no cashes. That pretty much sums it up. The thing about playing small buy-in tournaments is that many players will make marginal calls a lot more lightly diminishing bluffing opportunities quite a bit. I think this was the formula for today's busts. I had good hands (or projects for good hands) and ran into players who would NOT let go of small pairs and that was it.

I decided to take a break from the grind and went for a walk with my beautiful wife and son. We stopped for coffee, sat for a while and had a pleasant chat while Dante played in the patio of the coffee shop. Life is good isn't?

So, now it's back to the drawing board. A friend of mine lent me Ace on the River by the great Barry Greenstein a while back and I've been a lazy bum and have not read he book. I got a hold of it today and finally tackled on a few chapters. I will read some more later today as I'm finding it insightful and entertaining. I'll let you know how much I finally like it when I finish it. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment